a place for student to be for remote-school and study
Students bring their own device to connect to the internet and headphones
The Study Hall Expectations
- Once checked-in, no re-entry unless previously arranged
- Pass health screening (temperature check, symptoms negative)
- Bring your own device, WiFi provided
- As a space of learning, appropriate noise level
- Snacks provided, lunch options: bring your own or we’ll provide one (tuna anyone?)
- Maximum 20 students
- Students 6th grade and younger need parental approval (signed form) to attend and a pre-identified adult (18+) must sign out.
- Abide by NY State Department of Health Guidelines
- Masks required (provide your own or we have disposable) Though when seated >6′ away from others, masks may be removed.
- 6’ physical distance
- Observe building signs and directions
- Other activities and spaces provided when not on a class
- Sign up Here
The Study Hall- Volunteer Information– It’s a great way to support students and their families and an opportunity to develop relationships!
- at least 2 people present when students are using the space.
- Volunteer for a 2+ hour time slot- weekly or one time
- will welcome students, help them check-in
- know the rules and graciously help them be kept
- Help as much as they can, but not required to know how to run the technology or any subject they are learning
- Help with snacks or lunch
- Daily cleaning of bathrooms & high-touch areas (e.g. table, doors) after students leave
- Volunteers subject to approval, which may include references and/ or background checks.
- If interested, please email Pastor Jeff
Other ways you can help:
- provide snacks
- provide large pieces cardboard to make table dividers/ cubbies
- help daily cleaning after space is used (~30 mins)
We’ll start as soon as we have volunteers for the first week.