Worship Committee Meeting, 11/4, 7 pm in the Fellowship Hall.
Operation Christmas Child
Thank you for the many ways in which you have supported Operation Christmas Child this year! We have all felt the impact of the pandemic. I hope that participating in our traditional outreach to children in other parts of the world has given you some sense of normalcy. For the children who receive our gifts during these difficult times, it will be a great reminder that they are loved.
There are a number of ways in which you may continue to participate in OCC this season.
- Pack a box on your own. Bring your filled shoebox to church on Nov. 15 for Dedication Sunday.
- Contribute toward the cost of shipping and other ministry related expenses for the 305 shoeboxes packed at our packing parties. You may do this by collecting your spare change in a medicine bottle, by sponsoring a certain number of shoeboxes, or by giving any amount you are able.
- Volunteer to serve at our drop-off site during collection week (Nov. 16-23).
- PRAY for collection and processing to go smoothly, for no problems with shipping and customs, that children’s needs will be met, and that hearts would be open to the Gospel.
If you have questions, need shoeboxes, or want to volunteer, please see me or call 518-827-4093. Thank you again for blessing children with a tangible representation of God’s love.
Mugs & Muffins Bible Study, continues Wednesdays 3:30-4:30 for a few more weeks, reading Ephesians together in the Fellowship Hall.
2021 Budget: The Consistory will be reviewing the budget for next year. The budget is one way of making plans and setting priorities for the coming year. Committees have been asked to submit any requests of the budget, due to Consistory by 11/12.
Consistory Meeting, November 11/12
Upcoming Sunday Worship
- November 1st, All Saints Day, celebrating the Lord’s Supper
- 11/8, Gathered Worship
- 11/15, Gathered Worship, including shoebox dedication
- 11/22, Christ the King Sunday
- 11/29, First Sunday of Advent
- 12/6, 2nd Sunday of Advent
We’ll continue to livestream worship. The link and the bulletin will be at the website, on the page: At Home Resources. Prayer requests can be forwarded to Pastor Jeff – phone, email or text.
Ham Supper: this year we will not be hosting our annual supper. The major factors for this included:
- not being able to seat people in the hall (or- it would take a long time to seat the usual numbers with the given restrictions),
- preparing and serving together with the given restrictions
- not knowing what November will look like.
All those things, we would be losing too much about the reasons we do this and the ways it is done. Thanks for your understanding and we’ll consider it again next year.
The Study Hall at the Fellowship Hall. Thanks to everyone who offered to help. The word is out and we are waiting to see if any students need to make use of it. We’ll keep it out there for another month or so and see how things go. Many different scenarios could play out where this would be helpful to families in the MCS district- so thanks for keeping this in mind.
Annual Meeting December 6th after worship.